Bethany had blood work drawn today in the morning, and then we had clinic this afternoon. We found out that her liver levels have elevated once again. Because her numbers remain high, Bethany’s doctors want to do another liver biopsy in the morning. Bethany will stay overnight at the hospital and maybe longer depending on the biopsy results.
Her doctor believes at this time these high numbers can only be the result of 1 of 3 things.
- A narrowing of her bile ducts.
- A virus.
The biopsy will hopefully give us a good idea of what is going on. We’re not sure how long Bethany will stay in the hospital. We’re hoping for just the one night.
Please pray in these ways:
- Clear information from the biopsy.
- No extra pain caused by the biopsy.
- One night stay in hospital.
- That Bethany’s current pain medications would not confuse our understanding of her liver numbers.
- Clear plan to deal with these complications.
- Good sleep for everyone tonight.
- Patients for the entire family as we live in close quarters.
- Bethany continues to heal well from surgery.
- We’ve been able to reduce and space out some of Bethany’s pain medications.
- We had a wonderful time seeing The Hunger Games.
- The apartment we are being allowed to stay in here at the Ronald McDonald House is wonderful.
- Jonathan is doing great. He is an awesome young man! Very proud of him.
- We have wonderful doctors taking good care of Bethany.
- Amazing support from family and friends.
As we update each few days, please know that each of you mean so much to our family. We love you and pray for you daily. We are amazed with the concern and kind demonstrations everyone continues to show our family. Thank you!
Looking forward to sharing our next great update tomorrow. Last week your prayers resulted in helping Bethany avoid a biopsy and leave the hospital. What will God use you for tonight?
Taylor, Angela, Bethany, and Jonathan